I Am Me, and I Am Good 'cuz God Don't Make Junk!

Controlled Chaos: Living life one day at a time with a disabled husband, five special needs kids, 2 crazy cats, and one neurotic dog.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Extra, Extra, Read All About It!

And the breaking news in the Mom of 5 household is: I'm going back to school!! I'm so excited. I plan to double major in Human Services and Phychology. Since I already have an AA and several credits more at a 4 year institution, I should be finished in less than two years. A went with me to the initial visit. She was so excited that she got to see "Mommy's school." She wanted to know who my teacher was and when I had recess. After we left, she was insistant that I get a backpack. What a goofball! I will not start until atleast May. If I can't get the financial aid I need, I'll have to wait until September. All is good. I'm just glad I can start at all.

More breaking news: Hubby is losing weight. He has done exceptionally well on the new eating plan. I haven't done a well as I would like, but it's better than it was. I'm actually surprised that he is doing so well. His attitude is still not the best, but it will get better.

We had our land line shut off in November, and went exclusively to cellphones. Unfortunately, I forgot to give birth mom (M) my cell number. She finally wrote me a letter and included her phone number. After months of no contact, we had a nice visit with her today. She really is a good person, just made some bad choices. As B says, "She's our Mother. You're our Mommy." I can live with that.

E has never met her father, but her grandparents contacted DHS when she was first placed with us. We have since gotten to know them and fallen completely in love with them. They are some of the most incredible people I have ever met. They treat all of us like family and that is what we consider them. E has a little problem sharing them, but she will always be special to them. The fact that they are letting us be a part of all of this is a huge bonus for us. We called them tonight just to let them know we were eating at their favorite resturant. They took it just like any other family member would have, "Sure, rub it in!" We love you guys so much!!!!!!!

We're re-doing our kitchen. Just some new paint and cabinet hardware, but it's the first time we've done anything to it since we moved in 11 years ago. I'm getting itchy just waiting for it to be finished. Of course, having the fridge in the dining room makes meal prep a little more challenging, like I need more challenges!

Finances are REALLY tight lately. We've been living off of our adoptions subsidy since before Christmas. Bills are getting paid, but there's not much left after that. We used our tax refund for the paint for the kitchen. That's about all we got back. I'm not complaining. I'm just writing this to prove to myself that we can live on this meager income. When I graduate and get a great job, we'll be able to breathe a little and put some money away for a rainy day. I could never picture us with a savings, but now I can. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment