I Am Me, and I Am Good 'cuz God Don't Make Junk!

Controlled Chaos: Living life one day at a time with a disabled husband, five special needs kids, 2 crazy cats, and one neurotic dog.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Letter to Daniel

When my husband and I first became foster parents, we had a placement of two brothers, ages 7 and 5. They were so beautiful, and so damaged. The horror they went through with their birth family was unbelievable. Thinking about it now, I just want to bawl. We were only able to care for these boys for six months before they became violent and started to hurt our bio son. It broke my heart to have to give them up, but I knew that I was not equiped to take care of them. A few placements after our home, the youngest boy was adopted, but the oldest went on to atleast 2 more homes and is up for adoption again. I have prayed for these two boys every night since they were placed in our home. We had planned to adopt them and I still love them very much. DHS, in all of their wisdom, will not let us have contact with them. I realize the youngest boy has a family and is settled in with them, but the oldest boy has nothing to keep his hopes alive. I know he will never see this, but I felt I needed to write him a letter telling him I never stopped loving him and to never give up.


Dearest Daniel,
I just wanted to write a letter to you to tell you I think about you every day. Even though you could not live with us anymore, I have never stopped loving you. You came into our home on July 19th, 2006, and you have lived in my heart ever since. I wish that I had known how to be the parent you needed when you lived with us. You have gone through so much in your short life, and you deserve the best. I pray nightly that a loving family with the know-how to help you will soon come into your life. You have so many talents and so much potential, I know you can be spectacular with the right people behind you. Please remember that you are loved, and that you are a very special person. God loves you so much, and so do I. Even though your life may be tough, and things might not always work out the way you want, you have touched many lives, and we all want you to succeed. Smile, sweet Daniel, and never lose hope.
With so much love,
Mom of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment