I Am Me, and I Am Good 'cuz God Don't Make Junk!

Controlled Chaos: Living life one day at a time with a disabled husband, five special needs kids, 2 crazy cats, and one neurotic dog.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Notes to self

Since I got our bedroom all cleaned up nice and pretty, I have been having trouble with the kids coming in early and waking me up. Last Saturday, I was fed up, so I decided to give a poptart to all of the kids who didn't wake me up that morning. Only E got one. The rest of the crew was not happy about this. The next morning, everyone stayed in bed, so they all got poptarts.

NOTE TO SELF: Never feed the kids poptarts and take all five of them to church by yourself!!

One night at supper, we were discussing daily chores. We started goofing and said they could clean the toilet with E's toothbrush. We kept joking and figured it was forgotten. After the kids finished clearing the table, C ran into the bathroom and came out with a toothbrush. "Mom, is this E's toothbrush?"

NOTE TO SELF: Do not joke about cleaning anything with a toothbrush. You never know when it will be your own!!

One day, we were doing sumersaults in the living room, and one of the kids tried to get a little fancy and try a backbend. They couldn't get the hang of it, so I decided to show them how.

NOTE TO SELF: You are 47 years old. Paying for gymnastic lessons is cheaper than a chiropractor.

About a month ago, my van was broken into right in our driveway. My stereo and cell phone were stolen and several things were vandalized. We called the police, but in this small town, they didn't have anyone on duty, and would send someone by later int the evening. My husband had gone upstairs to tuck in the kids and was wearing his typical bedtime attire, tee shirt and underwear. Of course, the cop showed up and all of my husband's sweats were downstairs in his dresser. Sooo, he grabbed a pair of my pj pants, the pink fuzzy ones with Tinkerbelle on them, and came downstairs. We all laughed about it, and E asked what we were laughing about the next morning. I told her about the pants, and apparently, the other kids were listening (of course they were, I wasn't talking to them. If I had been talking to them, they wouldn't have heard me!!!) Later in the week, I was telling someone about our van getting broken into, and A pipes up, "Yeah. My daddy wears mommy's pink pants when the cops come over."

NOTE TO SELF: Put a pair of sweats upstairs for husband. Hide Tinkerbelle pants.

I've been making my bed ever since I got my room cleaned up. The kids keep commenting on how good it looks. Three days ago, I went to put A down for her nap, and noticed her bed was made. Then I looked around, and all three girls had made their bed. When I went in to put C to bed, the beds in the boys' room were made, also. All of the beds have been made every day since.

NOTE TO SELF: Your kids watch what you do. Surprises can sure be nice!!

NOTE TO SELF: Your kids are pretty darn terrific!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment